You are a parent and also the primary teacher for your child.
Your baby’s brain is in the most critical stage of development between birth and three years old and his/her future learning abilities depend on the foundation that YOU help them develop.
Check out the information and resources below.
It is time NOW to start helping your child to be successful in life and learning!
Nurture Me...I’m Yours
• Good nutrition helps build healthy bodies and brains – www.urbanchildinstitute.org
• Immunizations and regular medical check-ups keep your child physically healthy
• Special needs must be addressed early – help is available
click here for more
Read to Me...I’m Yours
• Free Books are available at your local public library
• Exposure to literature helps children learn vocabulary words and pre-reading skills
• One-on-one time with your child promotes positive self-esteem, listening skills and bonding
Sing to Me...I’m Yours
• Singing develops rhythm, puts words to a beat and promotes positive emotional
• Repetition in music helps children learn patterns and promotes memorization ability
• Musical experiences in childhood can accelerate brain development, particularly
in the areas of language acquisition and reading skills
Play with Me...I’m Yours
• Time is the biggest gift you can give your child to help them develop a positive self-
esteem and appropriate developmental abilities – spend quality time with your child daily
• “Playing with your baby can positively affect virtually every aspect of a child’s
intellectual development from boosting imagination and IQ to improving motor skills
and stimulating the senses.”
Seek help and advice if you become frustrated. Your child deserves the best start in life and this is your most important job.
Contact us today to order posters or for more information!
Home | Sitemap | Contact Us
P16 Council Texas Panhandle | 5800 Bell Street, Amarillo, TX 79109 | 806-677-5077
Copyright © Education Service Center 16 - 2016
. All rights reserved.